This material is used by permission of Ohio University Press, www.ohioswallow.com

The Orange Johnson House, one of the finest historic homes in the Columbus area, is located north of the Village Green in Worthington. Its original owner was a Connecticut comb maker who moved to Worthington in 1814 and constructed the rear portion of the house. As he became more successful, he added the five-bay Federal style section along High Street. The building is notable for its well-executed arched entry with delicate fanlight transom and sidelights, interior woodwork, and main staircase.  In the 1970s, the Worthington Historical Society hired Gilbert Coddington to restore this house, which is now a museum.

MENU