- Architects: Pietro Belluschi, Boston; Brubaker/Brandt, Columbus
- 1600 North Hague Avenue
St. Margaret’s is built of stone from the nearby Marble Cliff quarries. Traditionally, Italian quarry workers were members of this parish, and the church’s design and materials acknowledge that link. The rough texture of the exterior is carried through to the interior walls. The interior plan is purposely unregimented, with seating for 300 arranged to encourage people to sit around the altar, not just in front of it. High above, a powerful network of wood roof beams rises and opens into a light tower that floods the altar with natural light.
To make people feel at ease, the church is without ornamentation and is small and intimate in scale. Even the entry vestibule has an angled design intended to cause people to meet and mingle.
The church received an honor award from the National Conference on Religious Architecture in 1970.